viernes, 21 de septiembre de 2012

video watching: "what is the internet, really?"

You will find Andrew Blum's recorded speech below. Watch the first 5 minutes of his talk and answer the questions below:


1. What do architects do, according to Andrew Blum?
2. Why does he talk about architecture at the beginning?
3. How have our relationships changed in the last few years, according to Blum?
4. What was the most striking thing for Blum, when considering the Internet?
5. What does the image he shows on the screen represent?
6. Why did Blum lose connection to the Internet?
7. Did Blum find a place where the Internet is?




If you're interested, you can watch the rest of the video. Here is the transcript:

Transcript - Andrew Blum - What is the Internet, Really

5 comentarios:

  1. Laura Molina Hernández28 de septiembre de 2012, 17:18

    I'm think this video is very interesting because the video tell us of something that we use every day. In addition, Adrew says things very importants
    such as the loss of internet connection by a squirrel in the internet. Squirrel destroys and damage Internet.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really like this video and Andrew Blum, he explaind very clear and we can easily understand. This video teaches us many things about Internet, let me clear that before I did not know.
    Lili Lin

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I've seen even 6 minutes but really I think that apart that the topic I'm not interesting, he speaks so fast and I could understand if he talks more slowly. I think that is interesting the things about the connections, the space, the Internet... but in general I think that is a little boring.
    However he has explained very, very well.

    -Sara Sánchez

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I use social network . It's useful and dangerous too , for some reasons is useful like when we want to talk with our families in another country ,it's cost are expensive , internet is very useful we can talk with them easily and we can also watch them by using cameras/videochat.

    On the other way it's dangerous for children because we aren't watching the children every time so we don't know what ever they are doing . Another reason is most of the people we meet on the social networks are pervert and we don't know them very well , we don't know from where they are online . Most of the time some people share their pictures with the person they don't know in real and on the other hand they can miss use their photos .

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I like this video. I chose it because i'm interested in the internet, it made me know more of the wireless and connections.

    Pancho Vigilia, Elma Joy
    1° Bachillerato - Group B

    ResponderEliminar